QA Engineer - Content Management
Do you have an interest in improving how you access, use, and share content in ArcGIS Desktop? Do you have experience publishing and sharing content as web maps, web services, and GIS packages? Improving online integration, search, GIS resource administration, and metadata capabilities are key aspects of that effort. This challenging opportunity allows you to leverage your skills to develop new and innovative tools. As part of the core ArcGIS Desktop team, you will work with a diverse group of engineers and developers to implement creative solutions for managing and sharing geographic information.
- Test content management workflows including project and data management, online integration, searching and browsing for content, and creating and managing metadata within local, enterprise, and online environments in the context of ArcGIS Desktop
- Build and maintain automated test scenarios that validate these workflows on an ongoing basis
- Document content management capabilities
- Research and analyze customer requests and define user requirements for new software products
- Brainstorm and build custom applications for managing projects and data
- Learn and troubleshoot past, current, and new desktop products and their workflows
- Envision, design, build, and release desktop products
- Knowledge of the software development or testing process and experience using an application development language (such as C#, C++, or Java)
- Interest in software testing and process improvement
- Ability to clearly analyze/describe a problem and propose a solution
- Ability to manage priorities and tasks as needed in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse team
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, geography, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with Python and C# or VB.NET
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Knowledge of metadata standards and workflows
- Knowledge of GIS APIs
- Knowledge of relational database management systems (such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top