QA Automation Engineer - Performance
Are you eager to use your problem-solving abilities, analysis skills, and passion for performance testing to ensure Esri delivers robust, secure, and top-performing solutions to its user community? This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to testing and deploying Esri’s online mapping and GIS platform, ArcGIS Online. In this position you’ll be a key member of the ArcGIS Online software development team and support the team by providing valuable data driving insight into performance and scalability issues.
- Collaborate with product engineers and development programmers on software project teams to deploy versions of ArcGIS Online hosted services to cloud based
- Configure load test environments that target various configurations and exercise different tiers of a highly distributed application based on microservices
- Run and monitor performance anomalies and work with product engineers and development programmers to clearly describe identified anomalies, communicate repeatable steps, provide a reproducible environment, and verify fixes
- Maintain existing test frameworks built using Visual Studio and expand as new test cases arise
- Develop and maintain reporting dashboards that reflect the historical performance characteristics of the web services that can be corelated back to changes in the software across versions
More experienced individuals will:
- Improve automation of test execution, analysis, and reporting
- Automate setup and configuration of target environments
- 1-2+ years of experience analyzing web services bottlenecks and testing REST services
- Experience analyzing cloud infrastructure with Windows/Linux OS for configuration and resource bottlenecks
- Proven success analyzing software for performance and robustness
- Basic understanding of distributed software architectures and performance implications of web security technologies
- Experience writing and executing simple tasks in any scripting language
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify performance anomalies from collected metrics using data analysis skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in the natural sciences, computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience analyzing performance characteristics of distributed software architectures
- Experience with Visual Studio Web and load testing execution and design
- Ability to understand and compose complex SQL queries
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Familiarity with automation frameworks (Chef, Jenkins)
- Experience with software profiling tools
- Basic development skills in C#, Java, or Python and other scripting languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top