QA Automation Engineer
Are you eager to use your problem-solving abilities and passion for advancing software quality through test automation to fulfill the requirements of the Esri user community? This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to designing and building the next generation of ArcGIS Online software. In this position you’ll be a key member of our software development team and provide users with powerful and reliable management of their GIS services.
- Collaborate with product engineers and development programmers on software project teams to build new ArcGIS Online software releases
- Determine if requirements are clear and testable
- Design, develop, and maintain automated test scenarios to address business and technical use cases
- Analyze and communicate automation test results
- Participate in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Lead automation project plan, scope, schedule, and implementation of test and project level architecture within the automation framework
- Continually expand scope of automated test coverage and frameworks
More experienced individuals will:
- Help define the product roadmap and provide leadership to a small team
- Assist with implementation designs and product architecture
- Proven experience developing test automation of software products
- Technical background in web technologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or a related field, depending on position level
- Demonstrated experience automating software tests, including low-level (non-UI) tests
- Experience selecting/developing an automation framework
- Thorough knowledge of automation testing tools
- Experience testing web applications using multiple browsers/versions
- Experience with using SQL for test setup and validation
- Familiarity with system and web server administration
- Proven development skills in C#, Python, and other scripting languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top