Python Product Engineer
- Redlands, CA
Would you rather write Python code than run a process or workflow manually? Have you written Python modules or Notebooks that use ArcPy, the ArcGIS API For Python, and other data analysis libraries? If you are skilled at using Python to script and automate ArcGIS technology, bring your passion for coding and exceptional skills to our agile, innovative team. We'll expect you to be collaborative as well as a motivated self-starter as you take on challenges and solve problems.
You will be a representative for the ArcGIS user community that uses Python. You will research and understand their data and workflows, make designs and plans for how to implement new or enhanced functionality, and write documentation and other material that explains how to use it. Join Esri's Python development team and help us build the capabilities that extend and automate Esri's spatial data science workstation, ArcGIS Pro, and other products.
- Design, test, and document Python functionality within ArcGIS
- Troubleshoot issues in current and past software versions
- Create and share code samples and Python Notebooks that illustrate ArcGIS technology
- Write code that tests code--our QA involves writing test cases in Python that run hundreds of ArcPy functions and thousands of geoprocessing tools daily, and you'll collaborate with teammates to craft test plans and maintain portions of our testing suite
- Share compelling use cases involving Python in tutorials, blogs, and videos
- Work effectively with members of an agile development team in a highly interactive and creative environment and communicate your work status in team meetings
- 2+ years of meaningful Python experience
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS suite of software products, namely ArcGIS Pro
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of Python unit testing concepts
- Experience creating geoprocessing tools (.PYT or script tools) with Python
- Experience installing and managing Python packages and environments using Conda
- Knowledge of data analysis and scientific libraries such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy, and R
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top