Python Product Engineer
If you’re a true Python guru, an evangelist for all the things it can do, then bring that passion and your exceptional skills to our agile, innovative team. We’ll expect you to be collaborative, but also a motivated self-starter, as you take on daily challenges and solve problems for the ArcGIS user community. You’ll be exploring their data, performing complex analyses, and making sophisticated predictions, all while providing cutting-edge spatial analytics and geoprocessing functionality. Arrive with Python proficiency, and we’ll immerse you in the world of GIS.
- Promote and evangelize Python as the language of GIS across the ArcGIS platform
- Design, test, and document Python functionality within the suite of Esri products
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Build and ship quality software by working effectively with members of other software development teams in an agile, highly interactive, and creative environment
- Share and distribute workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Learn and understand existing product technologies in the context of a wide variety of domains
- Five or more years of meaningful Python experience (less of a smattering and more of a deep dive)
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Bachelor's or master’s in computer science, GIS, geography, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience working with and creating geoprocessing tools with Python
- Experience interacting with the open source eco-system
- Knowledge of various scientific libraries such as SciPy, R, Numpy, Matlab, etc.
- Passion for exploring and experimenting with web technologies
- Knowledge of or experience using Esri’s suite of software products
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top