Public Relations Content Writer
We are looking for a creative, hardworking, and skilled content producer to deliver copy for press releases and contributed content--long-form bylined articles as well as short-form blogs-– to support media relations priorities.
Our content team meets specific business objectives by employing tight narrative and writing skills across multiple distribution channels. We work to show how people in every industry are making an impact with Esri’s world-class mapping and spatial analytics.
- Develop and deliver strategic, holistic messaging to support key priorities
- Write copy for public relations that supports Esri marketing, branding, and positioning
- Produce compelling content that meets specific objectives for target audiences and generates awareness, interest, and demand for Esri and its solutions
- Write and edit tight, impactful copy for press releases and contributed content
- Write and self-edit for quality, consistency, clarity, brevity, accuracy, and readability
- Collaborate closely and effectively with other marketing teams and internal stakeholders to drive authentic, consistent, and compelling messaging and strategic content for multiple external media outlets
- Develop stories that effectively communicate with specific audiences about specific interests
- Work proactively and volunteer assistance without being asked and under tight turnaround
- 7+ years of experience as a copywriter, ad writer, marketing writer, or journalist
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A proven blend of editorial and storytelling skills, especially short-form (copywriting)
- Strong ability to translate complex concepts into clear, concise, compelling content
- Energetic mindset with the talent to produce multiple options fast, under pressure, and within specifications (i.e., word count, target audience, voice, style, etc.)
- Fast and insightful research skills
- Enthusiasm for web metrics that gauge content performance
- Above-average tenacity, strong work ethic, and desire to constantly improve and share insights
- Bachelor’s or higher in communications, marketing, journalism, or English
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top