Projection Engine Product Engineer
Do you think map projections are cool? Know what a datum is? As a projection engine product engineer, you will help build and support functionality that affects every ArcGIS user. Our team is responsible for handling projected and geographic coordinate system transformations and all issues that pertain to coordinate systems and measurement interactions within our software applications. Come and join us at the base of the software stack working on the Esri projection engine.
- Design and develop test plans and test cases, write test code, and execute and analyze tests to support and enhance overall product quality
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define requirements
- Showcase new capabilities to customers and colleagues via user documentation, blog posts, and resource center content
- Help define and refine future capabilities of the software
- Working knowledge of a programming language such as C, Java, Python, or similar
- Be detailed-oriented and a self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in GIS, computer science, math, geodesy, geography, or a related field
- Minimum of six months working with ArcGIS products
- Working knowledge of GNSS and geodesy
- Mathematically inclined
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top