Leverage your experience in project management and your customer service skills to manage education content-related projects in support of business objectives and ongoing operations. This is a great opportunity to use your business and relationship management skills to support Esri’s growing Educational Services initiatives and content development projects.
- Lead the planning and implementation of training-related projects to successful completion
- Work with team leads to understand department processes, workflows, and business directives
- Clearly communicate workflows, goals, and direction to the project team
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, milestones, and deliverables
- Plan and schedule project timelines; communicate status, risks, and issues on an ongoing basis
- Act as a trusted intermediary, facilitating discussions with key stakeholders, customers, management, and other cross-functional team members
- Develop and foster a creative and collaborative team environment
- Maintain a high-level understanding of Esri corporate strategies and software development and product trends
- 3+ years of project management experience
- 2+ years in a customer facing environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated experience guiding teams through successful project execution in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- An innate ability to be flexible and adapt to organizational changes
- Superb communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s in business, education, planning, science, or related field, depending on position level (MBA preferred)
- Completed Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Experience with Microsoft Office and SharePoint
- Understanding of Esri software
- Experience in education/training, software development, or a technical environment
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top