Product Security Advocate
Esri is continually advancing the security of its entire mapping platform. As Product Security Advocate, you’ll join our security team and advocate for the security needs of our customers and sales teams across all product teams. This is an opportunity to take your cybersecurity expertise and apply it to help create exceptional products built on a secure foundation.
- Evangelize the value and importance of cybersecurity across product management, operating as an extended arm of the product security team while collaborating with our product engineering teams to ensure a consistent, secure family of products and services are created
- Conduct and analyze data from surveys, web usage, and other sources to best understand where security and associated certification are having the most impact; recommend adjustments for security capabilities and certifications accordingly
- Facilitate production of security best practices whitepapers for internal and external use
- Facilitate addressing customer product security questionnaires and contractual requirements
- Raise technical awareness of our product security and certifications among our support, sales, and partner teams
- Prepare and present content to teammates, partners, customers, and executives
- Investigate and articulate our competitive positioning and strategy concerning security
- Work with ecosystem partners to validate interoperation and successful solution development
- Serve as the liaison with Esri's distributor network to ensure their cybersecurity needs are understood and communicated to the proper staff in Esri
- Ensure all products, apps, extensions, and websites have a security strategy included in their respective business plans
- Provide consulting support throughout the organization with user-facing content so they can secure as effectively as possible using the security product team
- 2+ years of cyber security experience with cloud environments such as MS Azure or AWS and/or on-premises enterprise-class products
- Knowledge of the ArcGIS platform or good understanding of a product suite of similar complexity
- In-depth experience identifying and protecting against web application and web service security vulnerabilities including those found in the OWASP Top 10 and CWE Top 25
- Ability to think with a security mindset
- Strong IT/development background with in-depth knowledge of several key security practice areas: access control, application security, network security, security architecture, security strategy
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Exceptional problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Proven experience aligning products or services with security and privacy standards such as CJIS, HIPAA, FedRAMP, NIST, Cybersecurity Framework, GDPR
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Cloud and security industry certifications such as AWS and Azure, SSCP, CCSP, and others as applicable
- Ability to travel as needed
- Passion for making recommendations with cloud-based toolsets and keeping up with the latest tools and solutions
- Previous experience with cloud architecture and components including compute, storage, and networking as well as scripting experience (tools, process, methods, troubleshooting) and deployment concepts such as continuous integration
- Exceptional presentation skills involving large and of varying IT background audiences
- Robust knowledge of application architecture, development, and secure coding practice
- Ability to interact directly with customers that do not have an IT background as well as security experts
- Experience with web and mobile platform security as well as security certifications used by federal, law enforcement, and healthcare organizations
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top