Product Owner & Evangelist – Immersive Urban Planning Experiences
We are a team of around 45 people consisting of software developers and product engineers. About 50% are ETH university graduates, 20% have a PhD (mostly in computer graphics), 20% are female, and all of them are super nice, smart, and efficient. We are using modern methods to develop software, have impressive test automation setups, live a great DevOps culture, and even publish tier-1 research papers now and then.
Join our XR team as a product owner and evangelist to drive the development and adoption of innovative urban planning experiences in VR/AR.
- Co-lead our immersive computing team. Together with an experienced lead developer, you will steer and grow a team of enthusiastic VR/AR developers to create ground-breaking immersive computing products in the urban design and planning industry.
- Convey the vision and goals for development cycles. Design and specify new features and epics. Maintain the product backlog and prioritize according to business value. Plan sound sprints together with the lead developer.
- Orchestrate the design and development of marketing-ready product demos to showcase upcoming features in “what’s new” stories. Interact with our product management, product marketing, and technical sales teams to help them define messaging and create further enablement materials.
- Initiate and work on selected, prestigious lighthouse projects and real-world use cases with high-profile partners in industry and academia.
- Build a social media presence, write inspiring blog entries, speak at conferences and universities, attend meetups, organize webinars, take part in podcasts, and participate in public discussion forums.
- Coach our developers to promote their presence on social media and at events. Help people present and prepare materials for outreach.
- Programming skills and good sense for software architecture
- Experience in (co-)leading a team of developers
- Experience with the design and development of 3D, VR, AR applications for AEC or GIS
- Hands-on experience with game engines
- Excellent communication and networking skills including the ability to communicate technical advancements to users in an empathic and understandable way
- Ability and willingness to travel
- 2+ years of evangelist, product marketing, or product management experience with a proven track record in high tech and/or enterprise software
- Energetic, creative, self-motivated, and team-oriented personality
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, or a relevant field (master's or PhD preferred)
- Hands-on experience with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Knowledge of 3D or GIS tools such as ArcGIS, CityEngine, Maya, Revit, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top