Product Manager - Story Maps
Create and execute Esri’s product strategy for story maps, which are storytelling tools used to create, publish, and share interactive web pages and maps. They can be used to visualize and explain complex spatial information in a simple way, while immersing the audience in a gorgeous narrative. They empower and unite people who want to craft and communicate the stories that shape our world. The successful candidate will have proven experience creating products from the “outside in” rather than the “inside out.”
- Perform market research by interviewing prospective and existing customers to determine market needs for product direction
- Develop and document user personas, user scenarios, user cases, and detailed product requirements
- Work alongside sales and development teams to develop and maintain product vision, strategy, and road map; keep all stakeholders informed and up to date
- Provide the necessary support and training to sales and distribution channels to help expedite sales
- Coordinate with software development and software products to ensure that features and functionalities required to build, maintain, and serve the logistics product are developed in Esri core software and match expectations of our users
- Develop marketing message to be used by product marketing to promote the product; provide vision, review, and approval for print and web marketing material
- Recommend and develop third-party data and software relationships necessary to support market needs
- Develop and manage project plans for product launch and product sunset
- Work with contracts and legal team to establish necessary end user and third-party legal agreements
- Write technical white papers and assist with generation of marketing materials and social media marketing including blogs
- Support trade shows and conferences as needed
- 3+ years of experience in software product management, product engineering, or product support, with strong focus on building market-driven products
- Proven experience managing web and mobile products
- Excellent knowledge of web services and web APIs
- Experience leading software development methodologies, e.g. Scrum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in a technical field, e.g. GIS, computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Experience with ArcGIS
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework certification
- Previous exposure and experience with GIS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top