Product Manager – Spatial Data Infrastructures (SDI) and INSPIRE
As a global company serving customers around the world, Esri is committed to making ArcGIS open. One way we do this is using Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI), which enables the sharing of geospatial information within an organization or more broadly for use at the national, regional, or global level.
As a Product Manager on Esri’s Open Platform Team, you will be focused on SDI-related patterns and technologies. From open data, which is a hugely popular pattern for improving/increasing transparency in various governmental and non-governmental setups to INSPIRE (Infrastructure for Spatial Information in Europe), which is used for the purposes of EU environmental policies, you will strategize how we can build and provide extensive technology and solution support for ensuring the success of SDI programs.
- Serve as the product manager for managing Esri’s SDI strategy and specifically Esri’s INSPIRE strategy
- Formalize product goals and requirements for INSPIRE
- Advance product needs by working extensively with Esri’s European distributors to understand their requirements and bringing those needs back to the development team
- Provide internal and external guidance for SDI projects such as INSPIRE and the US’s geoplatform
- Present on Esri technology for SDIs at various industry conferences and standards related meetups, such as GEO, UNGGIM, INSPIRE, and Eye on Earth
- Review, understand, and help product development include appropriate geospatial standards that are mandated for use in SDI initiatives
- Understand and help various SDI communities reimagine their initiatives using modern web GIS, open data, and distributed GIS patterns
- Work closely with other members of the team to take our open platform vision into reality
- Proven experience in Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Experience in the GIS industry including exposure to geospatial standards
- Ability to travel internationally, as needed
- Experience coordinating people and technical resources from multiple areas
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Bachelor's or master's in business, computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Previous work experience with INSPIRE, United Nations Spatial Data Infrastructure (UNSDI), National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI), or similar SDI initiatives
- Exposure to open data initiatives at different levels of government
- Basic knowledge of the ArcGIS platform
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top