Program Manager - Localization
Esri is a global company serving customers around the world. With more than 80 distributors outside the US, we serve customers anywhere on the planet. A critical part of being global is providing software and web content in multiple languages.
In this role, you'll be the liaison with distributors to better understand their localization needs and communicate those to the localization production team and other staff. Work with the team to update/refine the localization strategy and communicate strategy changes to distributors. Part of your mission will include raising awareness of the importance of localization among staff.
- Serve as the liaison with participating international distributors to ensure their localization business needs are understood
- Create/refine localization strategy to best meet the needs of those distributors within the operating parameters for localization already in place
- Ensure needs are communicated to product management and development staff
- Serve as the liaison with other product managers to ensure localization strategy is part of the initial product strategy
- In collaboration with localization production team, coordinate with development to ensure all products, apps, templates, SDKs, web sites, etc. are internationalized from their inception
- Analyze data from surveys, web usage, and other sources to best understand where localization is having the most impact
- Define a localization ROI based on benefits communicated by distributors currently participating in the Centralized Localization Program
- Reach out to other Esri teams to raise their respective globalization awareness levels so any other user-facing content is ready for global consumption in languages in addition to English; ensure they are aware of localization production team and leverage team as appropriate
- Experience in field of localization
- Experience communicating with a network of international distributors
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Bachelor's or master's in business, computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Ability to travel as needed
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Commitment to global excellence
- Basic knowledge of the ArcGIS platform
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top