Product Manager - Imagery for Defense and Intelligence
Esri provides transformational technologies for the defense and intelligence community. With the Esri platform, the community can create maps and information products that integrate intelligence information and fuel robust decision making!
As the product manager for ArcGIS imagery products to the defense and intelligence community, you will become the in-house expert for imagery in this domain, guiding the development of new functionality for both existing customers and helping to grow Esri’s reach into new markets. To help validate product ideas, you will need an understanding of the competitive products and work on the development of workflows that utilize core capabilities of the platform to guide customers to implement best practices. By truly understanding the community’s requirements, you will be able to match the community with existing capabilities and provide roadmaps and direction to Development, Business Development, and Product and Industry Marketing teams!
- Provide product evangelism by presenting and demonstrating the software at internal briefings, customer sites, trade shows, and Esri conferences
- Create, maintain, and promote defense and intelligence, imagery-related product materials including presentations (demo apps, PPTs, white papers, and videos) as part of ProdInfo and other distribution channels while maintain required security classifications
- Create and maintain workflows that combine appropriate parts of the platform to create best practice implementations for how to use and analyze imagery and rasters on the ArcGIS platform
- Help coordinate activities between Dev/Product Engineering, Product and Industry Marketing, Support Services, Professional Services, Solutions, and Educational Services, as well as light house clients
- Gather user requirements and work with product owners to explain market needs that may influence backlog
- Help in interoperability testing between different Esri products to identity gaps
- Work with defense and intelligence teams in industry marketing and sales in the development of product related materials
- Actively participate in appropriate customer-oriented forums such as secured version of GeoNet and development of live training seminars
- Assist in competitive analysis and the correct content for RFI and RFP type documents as required by account managers
- Work closely with imagery partners to ensure alignment of technologies, testing of integration, and interoperability
- Strong understanding of imagery and raster processing and analysis, specifically in the IA community
- Strong GIS and ArcGIS platform expertise
- Experience in a product support, product planning, or consulting environment
- Experience communicating with defense and intelligence communities
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive levels
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Collateral security clearance
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related field
- TS/SCI clearances
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top