Product Manager - Imagery Content
Be the primary product interface for Esri’s imagery content in working with our development staff, regional offices, international distributors, and business partners to provide pre- and post-sales support. By gathering requirements and market expectations, you will also be in charge of defining the evolution of those existing products as well as refining the pricing policies and evolving them according to market demand.
Part of your mission will be to structure and formalize the globalization policy for these imagery content services (both basemaps and advanced imagery services such as Landsat services or equivalent. You will also define the role of community contribution for imagery and work closely with our Community Programs Product Manager to turn this into an active global plan. As part of the Content Team, your role will also be transverse in working with all other product managers to support their needs for imagery content.
- Manage business plans for all imagery content services
- Coordinate with Software Development and Software Products groups so that feature and functionality remains proactive to user requirements
- Help direct development, fulfilling the market expectations for existing content products as part of Esri's content strategy
- Gather market intelligence and guide development for evolving our content products
- Help minimize implementation issues by supporting Esri Professional Services projects and business partners using new releases and/or features
- Maintain information (white papers, PowerPoints, etc.) on content products use across Esri products and solutions
- Assist with the generation of product marketing materials
- Assist in competitive analysis
- Develop demonstrations of existing and new capabilities in a context for Esri sales staff and users
- Support trade shows, the Esri Partner Conference, and the Esri User Conference
- Strong understanding of the imagery software landscape and GIS possibilities
- Experience in a product support, product planning, or consulting environment
- Experience communicating with a network of international distributors
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Effective time management and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related field
- Ability to travel as needed
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top