Product Manager - Imagery
Help guide the development of Esri’s imagery offering by working with our development staff, product and industry marketing teams, regional offices, international distributors, business partners, and large customers.
Part of your mission will be to become the in-house expert in this domain in order to guide the development of new functionality for both existing ArcGIS customers and to help grow Esri’s reach into new markets. To help validate product ideas, you will also work on the development of workflows that utilize core capabilities of the platform to guide customers to implement best practices.
- Provide product evangelism by presenting and demonstrating the software at internal briefings, trade shows, Esri conferences, and customer sites
- Create and maintain workflows that define best practice implementations for how to use and analyze imagery and rasters on the ArcGIS platform
- Help coordinate activities between Dev/Product Engineering, Product and Industry Marketing, Support Services, Professional Services, Solutions, Industry, and Educational Services, as well as light house clients
- Provide technical consultancy to Professional Services, Implementation Services, or other organizations that require assistance in using the software in an optimized manner
- Help in interoperability testing between different Esri products to identity gaps
- Gather user requirement and work with product owners to explain market needs that may influence backlog
- Maintain and promote imagery-related product materials including presentations (demo apps, PPTs, white papers, and videos) as part of ProdInfo and other distribution channels
- Work with Marketing and Sales in the development of product related material
- Actively participate in customer orientated forums such as GeoNet and development of live training seminars
- Assist in competitive analysis and the correct content for RFI and RFP type documents as required by account managers
- Work closely with imagery partners to ensure alignment of technologies, testing of integration, and interoperability
- Strong understanding of imagery and raster processing and analysis in addition to traditional GIS datasets
- Experience in a product support, product planning, or consulting environment
- Experience communicating with a network of international distributors
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive levels
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related field
- Ability to travel as needed
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top