Product Manager – Geospatial Catalogs, Metadata and Search
ArcGIS is built with the vision of being an open platform. We ensure that our software is open, interoperable, and standards complaint. Our technology allows for extensive integration with other business and GIS systems and it is our goal to continue to make the ArcGIS platform fit the technical and business needs of a wide variety of organizations. This includes metadata, which allows data and information products to be tagged appropriately for source, fitness of purpose, lineage, update history, etc. and then found through efficient search mechanisms across the platform.
As the product manager, you will drive innovation in metadata support obligations across the platform. You will have the opportunity to focus internally on helping product teams achieve the required design requirements for metadata, catalogs, and search. In the wider GIS community, you will evangelize more modernized approaches that Esri believes will add value to the metadata cataloging and search experience!
This is an exciting opportunity to work with industry leaders in this space. You will be expected to serve as a subject matter expert in this area, versed both in the theory as well as the pragmatic aspects of actual development and adoption.
- Serve as the subject matter expert by researching and staying updated on technology and concepts related to metadata, including newer patterns using linked data and semantic web technologies
- Implement metadata support across the ArcGIS platform by working with product teams
- Evangelize Esri’s tools related to geospatial catalogs and articulate internally and externally a platform approach that can meet the many requirements from customers looking for open and standards-centric GIS catalog technologies
- Contribute as a technical member in various organizations including W3C, OGC, ISO, FGDC, OASIS, ESIP on issues relating to metadata, geospatial catalogs, and search
- Provide guidance on improving metadata and search experience for meeting enhanced collaboration needs considering Esri’s cloud and on-premise portal technologies
- Work closely with other members of the team to take our open platform vision into reality
- Represent Esri technology at various conferences
- Experience with geospatial standards, specifically geospatial metadata standards
- Extensive knowledge of the ArcGIS platform
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally, as needed
- Proven ability to collaborate and influence audiences across various departments
- Excellent organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills
- Strong, persuasive communication and presentation skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, both verbally and in written form, whether to customers, executives, or other technical or non-technical peers
- Bachelor's or master's in business, computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Previous experience with Esri metadata initiatives
- Knowledge of scientific data formats used in GIS workflows
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top