Product Manager - Geocoding and Network Spatial Analysis Tools
Esri’s Product Management team works closely with our product teams to define and release great products that provide valuable solutions to our users while driving the growth of Esri as an organization. We focus on aligning teams across the company including sales, software development, marketing, technical support, and operations to ensure the success of our products.
As a Product Manager for our geocoding and network-based spatial analysis, you will be a part of solving complex routing problems for transportation planning and analytics. You will identify market opportunities and user needs as well as use market research, customer interaction, and review of competitive landscape tools to help shape these products. With these products being available via web, desktop, and mobile clients or web APIs using on-premise or cloud-based services, you will continue to be challenged daily!
- Research and analyze market conditions to determine market needs for product by interviewing prospective and existing customers
- Formalize product requirements by identifying customer and market needs, prioritize and synthesize the information, and collaborate with the teams on implementation of features/capabilities
- Define the foundational value proposition for the product and key user personas
- Establish product plans and update them frequently with business changes and customer feedback
- Work alongside sales and core development teams to create and maintain product vision, strategy, and road map; keep all stakeholders informed and up to date
- Work with sales, partner program, and industry marketing teams to develop channel strategies
- Provide the necessary support and training to sales and distribution channels to help expedite sales
- Coordinate with software development to ensure that features and functionalities developed in Esri core software meet and exceed the expectations of our users
- Collaborate with product marketing for the go‐to‐market strategy and other initiatives, helping them understand product positioning, key benefits, and target customers
- Recommend and develop third-party data and software relationships necessary to support market need
- Develop, update, and maintain product and project plans
- Work with the productization, contracts, and legal teams to establish necessary end user and third-party legal agreements, licensing, and pricing
- Write technical white papers and assist with generation of marketing programs, materials, and social media marketing including blogs
- Respond to requests for support at critical customer sites
- Support trade shows and conferences as needed
- 3+ years of experience in software product management, product engineering, or product support, with strong focus on building market-driven products
- Proven experience managing web and mobile products
- Excellent knowledge of web services and web APIs
- Experience leading software development methodologies, e.g. Scrum
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in a technical field, e.g. GIS, computer science, engineering, or mathematics, depending on position level
- Experience with geocoding services
- Knowledge in transportation routing software industry
- Pragmatic Marketing Framework certification
- Previous exposure and experience with location-based services
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top