Product Manager - Big Data and Real-Time Analytics
Help guide the development of Esri’s big data analysis capabilities including how this relates to both data at rest and data in motion (real-time event data). You will do this by working with our development staff, regional offices, international distributors, business partners, and large customers. By gathering requirements and understanding market expectations, you will also be in charge of defining the evolution of ArcGIS Enterprise in this new domain as well as refining the pricing policies to evolve them according to market demand.
Part of your mission will be to become the in-house expert in this domain to guide the development of new functionality for both existing ArcGIS customers and to help grow Esri’s reach into new markets. You will help validate product ideas and prototypes with key customers and through interfacing with Esri Professional Services as they work on the cutting edge of this field.
- Coordinate with Software Development and Software Products groups so that feature and functionality remain proactive to user requirements
- Help direct development, fulfilling the market expectations for big data analytical functionality
- Gather market intelligence and guide development for evolving our big data capabilities
- Help minimize implementation issues by supporting Esri Professional Services projects and business partners using new releases and/or features
- Maintain information (white papers, PowerPoints, etc.) on the use of content products across Esri products and solutions
- Assist with the generation of product marketing materials
- Assist in competitive analysis
- Develop demonstrations of existing and new capabilities in a context for Esri sales staff and users
- Support trade shows, the Esri Partner Conference, and the Esri User Conference
- Strong understanding of the big data landscape and GIS possibilities including Internet of Things in addition to traditional GIS datasets
- Experience in a product support, product planning, or consulting environment
- Experience communicating with a network of international distributors
- Ability to coordinate people and technical resources from multiple areas of the company
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at the technical and senior executive level
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Ability to travel as needed
- Excellent problem-solving and creative thinking skills
- Working knowledge of big data technologies such as Apache Spark, Apache Hive, Hadoop, or similar technologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Cassidy monitors all digital products and websites, looking after marketing integrations, channel management, and social media. His main goal is explaining and promoting the Esri story.
Back to top