Product Manager - ArcGIS Hub
For several years, Esri has provided a platform for authoritative open data that thousands of customers have come to value. Now Esri is helping customers achieve deeper and more effective community engagement with the release of ArcGIS Hub. ArcGIS Hub applies data to strategic government policy initiatives and provides a way for the broader community to engage with government in meaningful ways. By bringing together Esri apps, content, and best practices to support common government initiatives, ArcGIS Hub provides a platform whereby community partners can participate.
This is an opportunity to help government leaders address the most pressing problems their communities face. You will shape key aspects of the product in coordination with other ArcGIS Hub product managers.
- Determine market needs and product requirements based on interviews and conversations with prospective and existing customers
- Create solutions based on the product to understand implementation sticking points by working with Professional Services, partners, and systems engineers so future releases can be further improved
- Develop and document user personas, use scenarios, and detailed product requirements based on market research
- Work alongside Business Development, Professional Services, Development, and Product Marketing teams to develop and maintain product vision, strategy, and road map; keep all stakeholders informed and up to date
- Coordinate with other ArcGIS Hub product managers to ensure the product backlog is prioritized to meet market needs and maximize the value of the product
- Ensure features and supporting functionality are developed in core software by coordinating with product managers from other teams
- Work with Product Marketing to promote the product; provide vision, review, and approval for print, web, and social media marketing
- Recommend third-party data and software relationships necessary to support market needs
- Create sales enablement materials that communicate the value of ArcGIS Hub capabilities
- Respond to requests for support at critical customer sites
- Support trade shows and conferences as needed
- Evangelize the product by presenting and demonstrating the software at internal briefings, trade shows, Esri conferences, and large customers
- Provide the necessary support and training to sales and distribution channels to help expedite sales
- Provide technical consultancy to Professional Services, Implementation Services, or other organizations that require assistance in using the software in an optimized manner
- Assist in competitive analysis and the correct content for RFI and RFP type documents as required by account managers
- 3+ years of experience in product management, product support, product planning, or consulting, with strong focus on building market-driven products
- Proven experience product managing software and web-based SaaS products
- Working knowledge of web services and web APIs
- Experience in agile software development methodologies, e.g. Scrum
- Experience writing detailed requirements
- Experience creating and using personas in software design and development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in a technical field such as computer science or mathematics, depending on position level
- Experience and training in Pragmatic Marketing Framework
- Experience with TargetProcess, JIRA, or other software sprint planning systems
- Experience creating software using user-centered design principles and working closely with UX/UI professionals
- Experience in or with local, regional, or federal governments very desirable
- Knowledge of GIS technologies and capabilities
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top