Product Manager - 3D Core Platform
Change the way GIS is experienced through 3D! This is an exciting opportunity to connect new types of spatial data with analysis and visualization. You'll bring together technology and user experience to create products users will love. We are changing how users distribute, access, and experience GIS with 3D across the ArcGIS platform and we are looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about enabling users to achieve great results with new technologies to help us change the industry.
As product manager, you'll collaborate with a senior team of developers and architects to gather requirements as well as define and promote products and techniques for using high-end 3D technologies to expand and enhance the GIS experience. You will identify, synthesize, and prioritize 3D requirements for multiple related product efforts that include specifications, desktop, native, and web capabilities across ArcGIS.
This role reports to the group product manager for geoenabled systems and will require collaboration with product management and development teams within multiple teams and regions in Esri.
- Oversee the process of engaging with strategic customers and partners to gather requirements, prioritize needs, and understand business workflows, specifically focusing on 3D technologies and capabilities required to meet the needs of users
- Identify, prioritize, and evangelize the roadmap required to meet key market and customer segment adoption milestones
- Align roadmap with platform goals for data interop, user experience, and technology adoption
- Develop deep knowledge of 3D formats, open specifications, and standards required to support key markets and to recommend changes and additions to help standard adoption internally and externally
- Maintain information on the products through product docs, white papers, and presentations
- Develop and maintain product go-to-market plan, working with staff and local distributors to execute
- Communicate product plans and messaging to partners and distributors to evangelize Esri’s role in strategic industries
- Analyze potential partner relationships
- Experience with 3D content creation tools (Maya, 3DS Max, Blender, or Cinema4D), 3D graphics and materials formats (glTF, Wavefront, MDL, Alembic), and 3D rendering and animation tools and workflows
- 3+ years of proven experience in the development, release, and support of software technology
- Ability to present to customers and to cultivate strategic relationships with customers and partners
- Ability to work well with remote management and staff
- Capability to effectively document and verbally communicate market requirements to software development technical staff
- Experience developing productive relationships with customers, partners, colleagues, and management
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, presentation, and leadership skills
- Self-motivated, creative, and team-oriented
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in GIS, computer science, engineering, or other relevant field, depending on position level
- Consulting services and/or project management experience associated with design and implementation of enterprise solutions, applications, or technologies in local, regional, or national government domains
- Knowledge of and familiarity with game engines, especially Epic Unreal Engine and Unity
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies and design techniques
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top