Product Engineer - Test Automation
Does automation have strong meaning for you? Do you have a passion for testing? Do you enjoy keeping systems running 24/7? Come and work closely with a talented team of dynamic and passionate software engineers who work across a diverse range technology platforms to facilitate the automated testing of software that makes a difference. In this role, you will design, implement, and oversee testing, processes, workflows, deployment frameworks, and build systems for keeping the ArcGIS Runtime SDKs release-ready and the development team productive.
- Maintain test automation systems and tools to be used by software engineers for end to end testing
- Work closely with other developers to design and develop new tools that boost productivity and embrace patterns of reusability
- Design and implement monitoring system to ensure test infrastructure is always available
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation for the tools you build
- Respond to alerts; troubleshoot problems identified in tests, infrastructure, builds, setup generation, and general QA on a daily basis
- Identify process bottlenecks and implement new solutions for their reduction
- At least 2 years of experience as a test automation engineer or software development engineer in test (SDET)
- DevOps experience with continuous itegration/continuous deployment using Jenkins and GitHub
- Knowledge of industry standard test management and defect tracking solutions
- Hands-on experience with test automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium, Cucumber, xUnit, CodedUI, MSTest, or other test frameworks
- Knowledge of scripting and automation languages such as Python, Ruby, Gradle, Bash, etc.
- Good knowledge of code version control and associated tools such as Git, Subversion, etc.
- Experience compiling and building software components for at least one platform from Windows, Linux, MacOS
- Experience utilizing virtualization or containerization environments such as VMWare or Docker
- Understanding of the Agile software development life cycle
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning
- Confidence and ability to communicate and team with other team members
- Bachelor's or master's in engineering, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Experience managing large virtualized environments
- Experience with commercial test tools such as BullsEye or Coverity (e.g., to interpret/analyze test coverage reports)
- Multi-platform experience (Linux, Android, iOS, Windows, MacOS)
- Hands-on experience using and implementing GIS software such as ArcGIS
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top