A key aspect of working with the ArcGIS platform is documenting the content and items you create and use-your maps, projects, geoprocessing models, geodatabase datasets, web GIS items, and so on. Metadata is the information that describes these items and can be displayed and managed according to several metadata standards. Metadata supports searching for and discovering items, understanding that the item you found is the one you want to use, and archiving your work.
As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, testing, and supporting metadata and search workflows in ArcGIS Pro and throughout the ArcGIS platform. A key focus is how metadata can be leveraged in the context of search.
- Serve as the subject matter expert to gather requirements and envision, design, maintain, test, and support search and metadata workflows
- Work collaboratively with software and product engineers on the ArcGIS Pro team and others working across the ArcGIS platform
- Stay up to date with the latest metadata standards by communicating with stakeholders, Esri's customer base, and the user community
- Write ArcGIS documentation to support managing, automating, and publishing metadata and search
- Define and communicate best practices to the user community
- Create tests and build test automation frameworks
- Determine product quality and release readiness
- Experience with the ArcGIS platform, enterprise search, and metadata workflows
- Experience with geospatial, web, and metadata standards and profiles, particularly ISO 19115 or FGDC CSDGM metadata standards
- 1+ years of experience using an application development language, such as Python, C#, and/or Java
- A self-motivated team player with an interest in continuous learning and building software products
- Bachelor's or master's in geography, computer science, engineering, GIS, mathematics, or related field such as library science, depending on position level
- Familiarity with relational databases and web services
- Experience writing geospatial metadata
- 1+ years of experience using web technologies such as XML, XML Schemas, XSLT, JSON
- 1+ years of experience with software testing tools such as Appium, CodedUI, TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber, or related tools
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.