Product Engineer – Search and Discovery
Design the next generation of search, powering cities online across the world. Help governments work with their citizens to solve problems and meet goals, such as ending pedestrian traffic deaths and ensuring access to clean water. Guide the team building the process from search query to insight and action.
- Oversee design and implementation of search and content discovery features across the full stack of the ArcGIS Hub application
- Design, test, and measure user satisfaction for content retrieval UX
- Design, test, and measure user satisfaction for query UX
- Inform internal and external stakeholders about features and roadmap
- 2+ years of industry experience managing projects in a software development lifecycle
- Background building natural language processing pipelines, e.g. sentiment analysis
- Commercial experience with search technologies, such as Elasticsearch, Lucene, Solr
- An interest, and ideally work experience with, UX/UI
- Bachelor's in computer science (master's preferred); we'd like to see formal education in information retrieval, natural language processing, and machine learning
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top