Product Engineer - Population Data Scientist
Do you enjoy turning data into meaningful information to make a positive difference in the world? Are you the person others come to when they need ArcGIS help to clean or transform data? If so you should consider working at Esri to help build the Living Atlas of the World. The Living Atlas is the online GIS of the world, widely used across the ArcGIS platform, and is fast becoming the backbone of web GIS. Help Esri make the Living Atlas become an essential part of the next generation of ArcGIS software.
- Collaborate with a small team to develop, curate, and publish global population datasets as web services to support mapping and analysis
- Integrate new data sources, update existing services with new data, and help innovate new methodologies for publishing and consuming the Living Atlas services
- Investigate emerging trends and techniques for modeling population data to better serve the needs of ArcGIS community
- Build and curate content items that enable the GIS community to work effectively, solve problems, make better decisions
- Prepare documentation, blogs, and white papers on methods and trends
- Team with key content building organizations to help them bring their data to life in the Living Atlas
- Support Esri’s development teams to integrate Living Atlas services across the ArcGIS platform
- Minimum of two years of experience with ArcGIS software, particularly geoprocessing tools in the data management, analysis, remote sensing, spatial analyst, and statistical toolboxes
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively present and document relevant details about the data behind the Living Atlas services to users
- Experience managing and analyzing large, complex data sets
- Ability to design workflows and track progress and decisions accurately and efficiently
- Experience with integration and linkage of data from multiple sources to common geographic units
- Knowledge of the latest theories, concepts, and statistical methods for classification and evaluation of geographic data, including uncertainty and confidence measures
- Master's in geography, GIS, or related demographics science field, depending on position level
- Experience with ArcGIS raster and mosaic datasets
- Experience working with Python and arcpy to automate geoprocessing workflows
- Experience researching intellectual property uses and limitations
- Experience with statistical software such as R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top