Product Engineer - Location Referencing
Do you want to work on software used by the transportation, pipeline, and other industries to manage data related to critical infrastructure? Do you have a passion for GIS and a desire to make a lasting impact creating software used by state governments and private utilities? As a part of the location referencing team, you will help define how the ArcGIS platform supports roadway and pipeline data management, publication, and analytics. In this role, you will help design, test, and release software used by a large community of GIS professionals to power the operations of their organizations.
- Work with product owner and developers to develop functional and workflow designs for geospatial data management software
- Test plan authoring, execution, and automation for capabilities you design
- Geospatial data set creation
- Author user guide topics on capabilities you design
- Design user experience mockups
- Scrum user story and acceptance criteria authoring
- Support users, partners, and consultants in understanding how to use and apply the software
- Perform industry needs assessment and requirements gathering from customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
- Present on product at conferences and host internal training events
- 2+ years of professional experience using and/or customizing GIS-related technology in a professional setting (or 1 year with master's or higher)
- Proficiency with the Esri product line, including ArcGIS Pro (or ArcGIS Desktop), ArcGIS Enterprise, the enterprise geodatabase, and multi-user editing workflows
- Python coding skills to support test automation
- Working knowledge of SQL as well as relational and spatial databases
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s or higher in geography, GIS, urban planning, information systems, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- Experience in the transportation or pipeline industry
- Experience working with linear referenced data
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, or an equivalent RDBMS
- Experience with data conversion/migration
- Experience working on an agile software development team
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top