Product Engineer - Indoor Mapping
Provide solutions by designing, testing, and documenting new software capabilities based on the needs you identify through your communication with our customers. You will partner with product management and software development teams to ensure the designs you create are technically feasible within the current version of our platform.
Get ready to use your general knowledge of geospatial data design and development to support Esri facilities customers in the conception, construction, and implementation of ArcGIS applications and production systems. In addition, you will represent Esri through providing technical support for the product as well as presenting product demonstrations to clients.
- Assist in the design and development of data automation, data migration, and geospatial data development
- Perform basic and advanced processing tasks using ArcGIS and other Esri products and extensions
- Build geospatial data from imagery and cartographic/digital sources; support the development of GIS database designs
- Review, interpret, and utilize established production processes
- Perform map production tasks
- Write geoprocessing Python and SQL scripts
- Demonstrated experience with Bentley Microstation and/or AutoCAD and data migration to geodatabases
- Proficiency with the Esri product line, including ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, and related desktop extensions
- Experience with automated cartography, computer science, programming, and spatial analysis
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, cartography, computer science, or a related field, depending on position level
- 4+ years of professional experience using and/or customizing GIS-related technology in a professional setting
- Experience with data conversion/migration
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top