Product Engineer - Geospatial Data Science
- Alīpur, India
Are you passionate about applying data science and artificial intelligence to solve some of the world's biggest challenges? So are we! Esri is the world leader in geographic information systems (GIS) and developer of ArcGIS, the leading mapping and analytics software used in 75 percent of Fortune 500 companies. At the Esri R&D Center-New Delhi, we are applying cutting-edge AI and deep learning techniques to revolutionize geospatial analysis and derive insight from imagery and location data.
Our team develops tools, APIs, and AI models for geospatial analysts and data scientists, enabling them to leverage the latest research in spatial data science, AI and geospatial deep learning. Our product engineers provide a strong technical voice in the product development process and use the best tools available to build highly reliable, sustained, and evolutionary software.
As a product engineer, you will help us design, build, and deliver a compelling spatial data science platform and develop industry-leading AI models for geospatial tasks. If you are passionate about geospatial technologies, have a deep understanding of the product and customer needs, and communicate effectively via writing and presentations, this is the place to be!
- Collaborate with data scientists and software developers to create sample Python notebooks, train AI models, develop geoAI-enabled solutions, write documentation, and perform QA tasks
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases, write test code, and verify code changes and bug fixes
- Review and analyze automated test results; report status on software quality and stability; and certify software, SDK, and AI model quality
- Troubleshoot and triage issues reported by customers
- Technical writing for help topics, blog posts, guides, presentations, tutorials, and sample notebooks
- 2+ years of industry experience in software testing, development, or technical writing
- Proven data science and AI skills with Python and Jupyter Notebook
- Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro, or other geospatial technology (1+ years preferred)
- Fundamental understanding of machine learning and deep learning
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Effective project management, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent technical writing skills and experience authoring Jupyter Notebooks, blog posts, and product documentation
- Experience with unit test frameworks such as pyunit, unittest, or nose
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, geography, engineering, computer science, math, or related fields
- 1+ years of experience developing and implementing test plans and test automation of AI models
- Experience with remote sensing and multispectral image analysis
- Familiarity with deep learning libraries such as PyTorch, Keras, or Tensorflow
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top