Product Engineer - Geoprocessing and Analysis
Help Esri pioneer new geoprocessing capabilities to generate road networks from massive GPS point data. As a product engineer, you will design, research, document, and perform testing for this new GPS capability as well as other geoprocessing tools. We’ll expect you to be collaborative but also a motivated self-starter as you take on daily challenges and solve problems for the ArcGIS user community.
In this role, you will build relationships with individuals and organizations to drive requirements for this new capability. Each day you will work closely with the research and development team to evaluate results of these geoprocessing tools and make recommendations for how they can be improved.
- Work effectively with members of software development teams in an agile, highly interactive, and creative environment
- Troubleshoot issues in current and past software versions
- Share and distribute workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Participate and add to the Esri community of practice in the fields of big data analytics, machine learning, and GEOAI
- Professional experience or academic research working with GPS point or track analysis
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Network Analyst and spatial problem solving for transportation agencies, road networks, or related
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management and ability to work independently with limited direction
- Bachelor's or master’s in computer science, GIS, geography, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience with Python
- Experience or knowledge of the Spark framework for big data processing
- Passion for exploring and experimenting with machine learning and deep learning for spatial problem solving
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top