Product Engineer - Focused Geospatial Products
Have a dynamic role in building and testing cutting-edge software, designing compelling user interfaces, supporting critical workflows, and promoting the success of our clients and partners. Utilize your problem solving skills to provide creative, logical, and practical solutions to yield meaningful product features. You'll join an agile team of talented engineers to deliver focused geospatial products using Esri’s industry-leading ArcGIS platform that helps our customers address real-world challenges in transportation, aviation, natural resource management, urban planning, and indoors mapping.
- Work with software developers to design, build, test, and release high quality software
- Communicate with product users to identify product requirements and advocate for their needs throughout the software development lifecycle
- Research industry standards and specifications to translate requirements to software design
- Define and complete robust test workflows
- Provide best practices, user documentation, demonstrations, and technical assistance for the product
- 3+ years of professional experience utilizing ArcGIS and other GIS technology to influence sound business decision, supporting a combination of cartography, geodata management, geoprocessing, and location referencing
- Experience with complex data sets within an enterprise-level environment, including the ability to leverage Oracle and/or SQL Server
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn – you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Enthusiasm for improving software capabilities for end users in real-world applications
- Bachelor’s or higher in GIS, computer science, computer engineering, or related field, depending on position level (master's preferred)
- Experience using ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS Portal, ArcGIS Enterprise, and/or ArcGIS Online
- Familiarity with software development on Windows, Linux, iOS, macOS, and/or Android platforms
- Experience with product testing and test development:
- Functional, regression, framework design and/or performance testing
- Web and native mobile automation tests (iOS and Android) using Selenium WebDriver and Appium
- Automation tests using tools such as TestComplete, Coded UI, Sikuli, JMeter, Protractor
- Experience with visual analysis or design software and/or APIs (CAD, GIS, design, data visualization)
- Knowledge of user experience design to contribute to the product design (UI/UX)
- Familiarity with CAD data formats including DWG, DGN, and/or Revit
- Experience with Bentley Microstation and/or AutoCAD
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top