Product Engineer - Climate Data Scientist
Do you enjoy turning climate and weather data into meaningful information to make a positive difference in the world? Are you the person others come to when they need ArcGIS help to clean or transform data? If so, come help build the Living Atlas of the World! The Living Atlas is the online GIS of the world, widely used across the ArcGIS platform, and is fast becoming the backbone of web GIS. Help Esri make the Living Atlas become an essential part of the next generation of ArcGIS software.
- Collaborate with a small team to develop, curate, and publish climate/weather datasets as web services to support mapping and analysis
- Integrate new data sources, update existing services with new data, and help innovate new methodologies for publishing and consuming the Living Atlas services
- Investigate emerging trends and techniques for modeling GIS data to better serve the needs of ArcGIS users
- Build and curate content items that enable the GIS community to work effectively, solve problems, and make better decisions
- Prepare documentation, blogs, and white papers on methods and trends
- Support Esri’s development teams to integrate Living Atlas services across the ArcGIS platform
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with ArcGIS software, particularly geoprocessing tools in the data management, analysis, spatial analyst, and statistical toolboxes
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively present and document relevant details about the data behind the Living Atlas services to users
- Experience managing and analyzing large, complex data sets
- Ability to design workflows and track progress and decisions accurately and efficiently
- Integration and linkage of data from multiple sources to common geographic units
- Knowledge of the latest theories, concepts, and statistical methods for classification and evaluation of geographic data, including uncertainty and confidence measures
- Master’s in geography, GIS, or climate/weather science field, depending on position level
- Experience with ArcGIS raster and mosaic datasets
- Experience working with Python and arcpy to automate geoprocessing workflows
- Experience researching intellectual property uses and limitations
- Experience with statistical software such as R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, etc.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top