Product Engineer - Civic Tech
Leverage your technical knowledge and experience to build the next generation of civic technology. We are looking for an experienced professional to support applications that improve government and citizen collaboration. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your broad knowledge of software design, user experience, and business operations along with your superior client support skills to solve problems and research issues.
Beyond being a point of contact for customers and community issues related to R&D center software, you will be working with the client to understand their workflows and provide them with recommendations to implement new technologies and best practices. You'll then translate these into product stories and work closely with the interface design and software engineering teams to develop and deliver these in quick iterations.
- Work closely with customers, user community, and Esri partners to identify, define, and prioritize product capabilities
- Communicate best practices for building and implementing open data sites and citizen experiences through tutorials, blog articles, help documentation, videos, and presentations
- Develop and implement test cases and validate bug fixes
- Troubleshoot production issues and customer support requests
- Work with other teams to expose data sharing and exploration capabilities across the ArcGIS platform, including online, desktop, and mobile platforms
- Gather and document requirements for future revision and development of product capabilities based on community feedback
- Work with ArcGIS to create web data services, geoprocessing models, and tools to accompany product development and testing needs
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services
- Extensive experience managing large-scale software projects schedules and requirements
- Experience leading teams of developers and designers to delivery quality solutions on time
- Experience testing and validating software capabilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of UI/UX design techniques
- Training and experience with agile development methodologies
- Ability to track progress and decisions accurately and efficiently
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top