Product Engineer - Civic Tech
Leverage your technical knowledge and systems experience to develop the next generation of civic technology. We are looking for a senior analyst to support and design new information systems that improve government and citizen collaboration. This is an exciting opportunity to utilize your broad knowledge of systems design, user experience, and business operations along with your superior client support skills to solve problems and research issues.
Esri works with thousands of governments around the world to build effective information sharing and collaboration tools to address important community issues such as climate resilience to affordable housing and safe transit. As a member of the Hub team, you will communicate with municipal government and community organizations to understand their workflows and shared goals, and then work together to integrate or design technologies and best practices.
- Work closely with government customers, user community, and Esri partners to identify, define, and prioritize product capabilities
- Develop and document system models for civic government workflows
- Create and maintain user personas, roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, etc.
- Compile, organize, assemble and visualize data layers, e.g. policy data, facilities, demographics
- Communicate best practices for building and implementing open data sites and citizen experiences through tutorials, blog articles, help documentation, videos, and presentations
- Work with other teams to expose data sharing and exploration capabilities across the ArcGIS platform, including online, desktop, and mobile platforms
- Develop and implement test cases and validate bug fixes
- Troubleshoot production issues and customer support requests
- Excellent project management skills with ability to juggle multiple projects/tasks across various user groups
- Experience with information modeling
- Experience testing and validating software capabilities, specifically through the use of and by applying statistics and statistical modeling
- Lead teams of developers and designers to deliver quality solutions on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or master's in computer science, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Additional education and or experience with behavioral economics and or public policy
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services
- Knowledge of UI/UX design techniques
- Training and experience with agile development methodologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top