Product Engineer – ArcGIS 3D Web Platform
Are you eager to improve existing 3D GIS offerings and push the envelope of what's possible in a browser? This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of exceptional software engineers and to work closely with them to deliver high quality, cutting-edge 3D GIS web applications.
- Collaborate with Esri developers to ensure they understand and meet application goals and end user requirements
- Define and implement robust test workflows
- Conduct manual and automated testing of web-based 3D GIS applications (front end) as well as 3D data streaming services (back end) on the ArcGIS platform
- Support the community and capture requirements through GeoNet forums, GitHub, meetings, and presentations at Esri events
- Design, create, and maintain key 2D/3D GIS datasets and services to support development efforts
- Author user documentation, tutorials, and blog posts
More experienced individuals will:
- Assist in design of application functionality and user experiences for web and mobile applications
- Understand user workflows and improve the development and delivery process
- Help define product roadmaps and collaborate closely with a small team
- Understand agile development process and how to manage work via the scrum process
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS software tools (e.g., ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro) and platform (ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Online)
- Minimum of two years of industry experience in a software development company, including hands-on product design; experience with building, testing, and shipping software products
- Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate the reasoning for deciding from among multiple explorations
- You have a passion for quality, are detail oriented, and know how to break software by finding bugs
- Bachelor’s in geography, cartography, computer science, or a related field
- Well rounded design skills (interaction, UI, visual, and motion design) for taking on multiple aspects of a project
- Solid intuition and strong passion for detailed, innovative, and empathic design; excellent spatial sense
- 3D graphics background (e.g., knowledge of polygonal data structures, WebGL, shaders, etc.)
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Jackie works under the business development umbrella, building relationships with clients and connecting them with other features or software that meet particular business needs.
Back to top