Provide solutions by designing, testing, and documenting new software capabilities based on the needs you identify through your communication with our customers. You will partner with product management and software development teams to ensure the designs you create are technically feasible within the current version of our platform. In addition, you will represent Esri through providing technical support for the product as well as presenting product demonstrations to clients.
- Define and influence functional product design and user experience
- Based on customer and stakeholder feedback, gather documentation to be used for future versions of Esri’s platform
- Design, document, and execute test plans, including the logging of software defects as well as tracking them to resolution
- Support test automation through scripting
- Administer and maintain test environments, ArcGIS servers, and enterprise geodatabases
- Document software features in product user guides
- Work with Esri users and partners to identify and design industry-specific GIS workflows
- Maintain communication with customers and partners with regards to product support
- Clearly present product demonstrations to customers, partners, and internal collaborators
- Act as a consultant to our clients while addressing their complex workflow issues
- Experience with case analysis, requirement gathering, and documenting to enhance existing software
- Experience with designing, documenting, and executing functional test plans, and liking it
- Knowledge of mocking up user experience modifications to support new software features
- Hands-on experience with geoprocessing and Python scripting within GIS work
- Strong familiarity with the administration of enterprise geodatabase concepts and objects
- Experience as a user with an RDBMS, such as Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Bachelor's or master's in GIS, urban planning, computer science, or related field, depending on position level
- Knowledge of or certification on Esri products including ArcGIS for Desktop, ArcGIS for Server, the enterprise geodatabase, and Portal for ArcGIS
- Excitement for roadways, pipelines, or railroads a definite plus
- Experience with XMetal, RoboHelp, or other user help documentation suites
- Experience with data modeling
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top