Product Designer - Cross platform mobile apps
Join our team where you'll have the opportunity to create, inspire, and influence user-centered designs at Esri and beyond. Your mission will be to design for ArcGIS QuickCapture, the latest rapid data collection app, and ArcGIS AppStudio, a leading-edge cross-platform development tool. You will be collaborating with a cross-disciplinary team (product managers, product engineers, developers, marketing specialists, graphic designers) in all phases of product design.
- Lead product design of ArcGIS QuickCapture and ArcGIS AppStudio
- Empathize with users and translate product goals into thoughtful and effective user experiences in multiple platforms
- Produce high-fidelity user interface designs for developers to implement
- Plan and conduct user research across all stages of the product development lifecycle--from requirement explorations, to wireframe and prototype validations, to usability studies on working products
- Work with developers and product engineers to ensure high-quality implementation of the visual design
- Advocate for user centered design, stay informed, and share the latest trends and best practices in product design with the broader team
- 3+ years of experience working in UI/UX design for mobile apps and experience working on responsive web applications
- A strong portfolio demonstrating design thinking/process
- Self-motivated, able to work independently, and able to perform multiple tasks in a team environment
- Proven ability to solve problems in collaboration with product manager, engineers, and stakeholders, and the ability to give and receive feedback
- Deep understanding of Apple's human interface design guidelines and Google's material design guideline
- Excellent communication skills and ability to present work to broader team and stakeholders
- Passion for user centered design
- Expert level skills in Sketch, Abstract, and other relevant design tools
- Bachelor's or higher in interaction design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science, or related field
- Experience designing cross-platform application
- Experience designing mapping applications
- Experience with accessibility and internationalization
- Familiarity with GIS and the ArcGIS platform
- Familiarity with cross-platform development technology, e.g., React native, Qt
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top