Help design the future of Esri's field applications on iOS and Android. Our ideal candidate is an excellent problem solver and communicator with proven ability to deliver innovative and refined solutions.
- Take ownership of design work from brainstorming, sketching, and prototyping through to implementation
- Produce high fidelity visuals that are consistent across apps and conform to platform conventions
- Collaborate closely with developers to ensure a high-quality implementation and user experience
- Effectively organize and communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to the wider development team
- Facilitate design exercises that encourage participatory and iterative design techniques
- Work closely with design and product leadership to become a key player in determining the future direction of Esri's field applications
- 4+ years of experience designing applications
- Expert knowledge of user-centered design principles and platform interface guidelines
- Proficient skills with design software including Sketch, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience creating diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity interface design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to solve problems in collaboration with a team of designers, engineers, and QA as well as with business stakeholders
- Degree in human factors, interaction design, psychology, or a related field
- Background in software engineering to include writing code as part of your career, hobbies, or education
- Experience working client side as a UX designer on products at a software development company
Please include a link to your portfolio or samples of recent work. Samples should demonstrate design skills and a mix of low and high fidelity design deliverables.
Questions about our interview process? We have answers.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.