Learn first-hand the software engineering techniques used to produce Esri’s world-class GIS products. Support the building, porting, and debugging of strategic Esri software products across a variety of Windows, UNIX, and Linux platforms. This position provides the rewarding challenge of working with complex software products in multiple development environments.
- Conduct daily development builds and resolve build errors; perform basic functionality tests to check build quality
- Conduct service pack and “hot fix” builds
- Troubleshoot and fix platform-specific bugs; port fixes between software versions
- Support source code management
- Develop tools and scripts for build automation
- Manage the platform build environment (hardware and software)
- Port new product functionality from Windows to UNIX/Linux
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
- Strong UNIX or Linux background
- Experience with C and C++
- Ability to work independently in a challenging environment
- Bachelor’s or higher in computer science or related field, depending on position level
- Testing or software development experience
- Experience with one or more of the following: MainWin, COM, Java, Fortran, UNIX shells, or commercial DBMSs
- Familiarity with GIS/Esri software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top