Platform Configuration Engineer - Land Records
The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation. Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. In this role, you will work closely with clients to implement land record solutions to make them successful; broaden the effect of GIS technology to their business; and help shape the evolution of the platform by identifying new implementation patterns for land records, tax, and assessment.
- Enable users to be successful
- Use your knowledge of ArcGIS for land records to implement solutions for local and national governments, specifically to support cadastre, taxation, and assessment
- Work closely with customers and partners to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS platform
- Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices to customers
- Understand how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with customers' solutions vision
- Grow business
- Communicate ArcGIS technologies to technical and non-technical customers
- Be able to understand, create, and explain new data products created by spatial analysis
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- Support proposal writing and solution definition in response to customer requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Push technology/platform
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving
- Push the boundaries of current mapping technology for some of the largest organizations in the world
- Optimize performance and organization
- Participate in Agile development among a variety of team sizes and locations
- Collaborate internally to help customer organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri’s technology platform
- Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation
- Communicate best practices for building and maintaining enterprise geodatabases
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
- Familiarity with ArcGIS for Land Records, parcel fabric, and ArcGIS Pro
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
- Strong, persuasive communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
- Practical experience with managing data in enterprise geodatabases
- Knowledge of land records/cadastre concepts and ArcGIS parcel fabric
- Familiarity with industry standards such as LADM
- Experience with enterprise databases (i.e., Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL) and ArcGIS Enterprise
- Experience with Windows servers, networking and security, and virtualized server environments
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top