Platform Configuration Engineer
The ArcGIS platform is a series of capabilities that bring together maps, apps, data, and people to make smarter decisions and enable innovation. Esri’s Professional Services Division plays a crucial role in the innovation of the ArcGIS platform. Our mission is simple yet powerful: 1) enable user success, 2) broaden the impact of GIS, and 3) push our platform to make our technology better.
You will work closely with Pacific Northwest clients to establish solutions to 1) make them successful, 2) broaden the effect of GIS technology to their business, and 3) help shape the evolution of the platform by identifying new implementation patterns.
- Enable users to be successful
- Work closely with customers and partners to identify, design, and certify key GIS workflows for the ArcGIS platform
- Provide platform configuration guidance and best practices to customers
- Understand how Esri’s technology integrates/interfaces with customers' solutions vision
- Grow business
- Communicate ArcGIS technologies to technical and non-technical customers
- Be able to understand, create, and explain new data products created by spatial analysis
- Proactively craft and propose solutions that clarify how GIS brings business value to address critical business challenges faced by customers
- Present complex GIS technical demonstrations to various levels of staff in a diverse range of customer organizations
- Push technology/platform
- Possess a desire to immerse yourself in location-based problem solving
- Push the boundaries of current mapping technology for some of the largest organizations in the world
- Optimize performance and organization
- Participate in Agile development among a variety of team sizes and locations
- Collaborate internally to help customer organizations align their technical objectives and business goals with Esri’s technology platform
- Prepare and present high-quality business and technically-related documentation
- Communicate best practices for building and maintaining enterprise geodatabases
- 3+ years of experience designing, implementing, and/or administrating enterprise GIS solutions/systems that leverage the ArcGIS platform (desktop, server, and online)
- Experience with Esri software including ArcGIS Enterprise, ArcGIS Desktop, and ArcGIS Online
- Experience with enterprise databases (i.e., Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL)
- Knowledge of geospatial and mapping concepts such as spatial analysis, map projections, etc.
- Experience with current technology implementation patterns including service-oriented and cloud
- Strong, persuasive communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate technical ideas, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers or customers
- Bachelor’s or master’s in geography, computer science, engineering, mathematics, GIS, or a related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top