Performance Test Engineer
- Redlands, CA
Esri provides global routing services that allow users to solve problems such as finding a route and driving directions to a store, optimizing the deliveries for a fleet of vehicles, finding the area you can drive to within 30 minutes, identifying the best location to place a new business, and more.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for testing the performance, scalability, and durability of routing services in different environments. You will be a key member of our software development team, providing test results and critical analysis to ensure Esri delivers robust and top-performing routing services in Esri’s SaaS product (ArcGIS Online) and enterprise product (ArcGIS Enterprise).
- Experience with a performance testing tool such as Apache JMeter, Gatling, or Locust
- Intermediate skills in reading and writing code in Python to manage performance test framework and chart performance metrics
- Ability to collect and manage large numbers of test runs with accuracy and precision
- Ability to identify performance anomalies from collected metrics using data analysis skills in Python
- Ability to create and maintain scripted pipelines in Jenkins
- Familiarity with concepts related to measuring the performance of web services such as response time and throughput
- Good understanding of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and hands-on experience creating cloud infrastructure using foundational AWS services such as Ec2, EBS, and S3
- Bachelor’s or master’s in computer science or a related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top