Performance Test Engineer
Are you eager to use your problem-solving abilities, analysis skills, and passion for performance testing to ensure Esri delivers robust, secure, and top-performing solutions to its user community? This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to designing and building the next generation of ArcGIS Enterprise. In this position you’ll be a key member of our ArcGIS Enterprise software development team and provide test results and critical analysis assessing the performance, scalability, and durability of the latest software release.
- Collaborate with product engineers and development programmers on software project teams to build new ArcGIS Enterprise software releases
- Configure load test environments that target ArcGIS Enterprise and Portal for ArcGIS services and architectures
- Run and monitor performance, durability, and scalability test suites
- Analyze test runs for performance anomalies; work with product engineers and development programmers to clearly describe identified anomalies, communicate repeatable steps, provide a reproducible environment, and verify fixes
- Maintain existing Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 test frameworks and update as new test cases arise
- More experienced individuals will:
- Improve automation of test execution, analysis, and reporting
- Automate setup and configuration of target architectures
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems and web server administration, including analyzing Windows and Linux hardware performance metrics
- Proven success analyzing software for performance and robustness
- Basic understanding of distributed software architectures and performance implications of web security technologies
- Experience writing and executing simple tasks in any scripting language
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to collect and manage large numbers of test runs with accuracy and precision
- Ability to identify performance anomalies from collected metrics using data analysis skills
- Passion and ability to make a difference
- Bachelor’s or master’s in the natural sciences, computer science, GIS, or related fields, depending on position level
- Experience analyzing performance characteristics of distributed software architectures
- Experience with Visual Studio Web and Load Testing execution and design
- Ability to understand and compose complex SQL queries
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Familiarity with automation frameworks (Chef, Jenkins)
- Experience with software profiling tools
- Basic development skills in C#, Java, or Python and other scripting languages
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top