Do you have experience or interest in performance engineering, load testing, or performance investigation of Windows applications? Are you interested in making the best GIS software on the planet faster in both physical and virtual environments? Help us put our software under a microscope and see how well it scales in large enterprise environments.
The Performance Engineering Team ensures that ArcGIS technology provides a great UX, is fast, and scales by using the newest tools, hardware, and virtualization environments. A big part of our role includes collaborating closely with major technology partners including Nvidia, AMD, VMWare, Citrix, Dell, Cisco, and HP.
We are looking for candidates who are focused, driven, and passionate about their work. In this position, you’ll use your technical expertise to quantify the number of VMs that can be hosted on a hypervisor and still deliver a good UX. You will learn about new virtualization technologies, the latest in virtualization server based GPU technology, load testing, and GIS and work within a large development effort. And you need to communicate all of this to internal shareholders and development teams, as well as the ArcGIS user community. Come join us!
- Research and explore areas to test ArcGIS software performance and scalability
- Design, develop, execute, and monitor ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Pro performance test suite in the performance engineering test environment
- Support the consistent and timely delivery of ArcGIS performance reports
- Assume administrative responsibilities for key components of the performance engineering test environment
- Excellent time management, organizational, and written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of the design, development, test, and release of commercial software
- Experience with scripting languages (Python or PowerShell)
- Passion and deep interest of software performance and scalability in large enterprise environments
- Bachelor’s and/or master’s in computer science, mathematics, GIS, or related field, depending on position level
- Familiar with ArcGIS Desktop, ArcGIS Pro
- Familiar with C# development
- Experience with use and administration of virtualization environment, including VMWare vSphere 6+ or Citrix XenServer + XenDesktop
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top