Operations Manager - Esri Press
Use your strategic planning experience and ability to improve business processes to implement Esri Press publishing initiatives and strategies. Your strong management and team building skills will be key in driving book projects from acquisitions to hand off to print, and all steps in between.
Join our dynamic team as we deliver compelling books across a wide variety of platforms, from print, to e-book, to web experiences. This is a challenging opportunity to join the leadership team responsible for publishing a wide range of projects within Esri Press.
- Work with the publisher and managing director to develop annual strategic plans and goals, and implement them
- Implement and run an enterprise project management system based on the publishing workflow, to reduce time-to-print and increase project visibility and adoption
- Drive the completion of a range of projects within our publishing unit by managing project plans, project scope, and resource allocation
- Conduct in-team status meetings and stakeholder status meetings
- Devise and execute a plan to increase the adoption of textbooks into educational institutions
- Form strong working relationships within the team and across the organization to increase book adoption and promotion
- 8+ years of professional work experience with 3+ years of directing or managing a publications team
- Passion for publishing and a strong knowledge of publication workflows and technology
- An experienced leader who can spread inspiration, engage others in common goals, and influence collaboration across the company
- A self-starter with a sense of urgency, proven results orientation, and an affinity for consistently producing high-quality work
- A creative thinker with critical analysis and problem-solving skills, along with flexibility and a knack for thinking on their feet
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively across different audiences and at varying levels of the organization
- Bachelor’s in marketing, business, communication, science, or a related field; master’s preferred
- Prior experience in the publishing industry
- Prior experience with Workfront Project Management software, Microsoft Projects, or similar enterprise project management software
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top