Network Dataset Programmer
Be a key technical member of the ArcGIS Network Analyst development team working to design and implement efficient network structures and algorithms for solving cutting-edge transportation routing problems.
- Design and implement data structures for accessing large transportation networks efficiently
- Optimize existing and new code to reduce memory usage and increase performance and scalability
- Add new capabilities to the existing network dataset solution
- Troubleshoot and diagnose root causes for incorrect software behavior and failures
- Write comprehensive technical specifications and design documentation
- Participate throughout the software development life cycle
- Good knowledge of data structures related to graph algorithms, along with building large datasets
- In-depth knowledge of C++, COM and STL
- Two or more years of experience in software engineering
- Ability to clearly analyze/describe a problem and propose a solution
- Excellent design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work with multiple teams and to prioritize requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Master’s or Ph.D. in computer science, math, or related field
- Knowledge of GIS, logistics, and transportation networks
- Background in designing, analyzing, and developing graph network algorithms
- Experience in code profiling and performance optimization
- Experience with parallel programming and concurrency
- Strong understanding of databases
- Experience compiling routable networks from street data
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
Manager, Nonprofit and Global Organizations Team
Salim leads a team that works to identify and understand the unique needs customers face so that Esri can provide proper product and services solutions.
Back to top