ModelBuilder Product Engineer
ModelBuilder is a visual programming language for building geoprocessing workflows to automate and document spatial analysis and data management processes. The ModelBuilder development team is passionate about building capabilities that are used to take analysis and geoprocessing to the next level! The team supports not only an active and diverse user community doing important work around the globe, but also numerous other ArcGIS development teams that build geoprocessing tools and want to automate their processes.
As a product engineer, you will test new cutting-edge software, find and fix bugs, and create clear and compelling user documentation to help support the success of ModelBuilder within ArcGIS Pro. You will be active in the user community to help solve real-world customer problems and understand user scenarios first hand.
- Work effectively with members of other software development teams in an agile, highly interactive, and creative environment
- Troubleshoot issues in current and past software versions
- Design, test, and document new ModelBuilder functionality within the suite of Esri products
- Share and distribute workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Share the power of ModelBuilder with customers through webinars, blog posts, and conference presentations
- Work with current and future ModelBuilder users to understand their workflows and challenges in the context of a wide variety of domains
- Experience using ModelBuilder for spatial problem solving
- Strong troubleshooting skills and an inquisitive nature that wants to find the source of a problem
- Passionate about software quality and excited to create tests to ensure software capabilities work according to design with best possible performance
- Excellent communication skills, with experience writing technical blog posts and presentations
- Ability to work in a collaborative, team-based environment
- Bachelor's or master’s in GIS, geography, or related field, depending on position level
- Experience working with and creating geoprocessing tools
- Knowledge of or experience using ArcGIS Pro
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top