Mapping Product Engineer
Are you a cartographer who likes to code? Do you have experience making and using maps for different domains? Combine your programming skills with an eye for design to help implement the next generation of mapping tools in ArcGIS.
As part of the Mapping Team within the core ArcGIS Desktop team, you’ll help dictate how cartographers symbolize and display their 2D and 3D data in ArcGIS. You’ll be actively involved in ensuring the quality of the software, not just at the feature function level, but also by building and validating realistic workflows and scenarios.
We are currently working on our next major release of ArcGIS Desktop, so now is a great time to add your cartographic software skills to a diverse team of engineers and developers committed to delivering a host of innovative cartographic authoring tools.
- Develop and implement test plans and test cases, write test code, verify code changes and bug fixes
- Review and analyze automated test results and report status on software quality and stability
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Build and maintain realistic cartographic workflows and projects with 2D and 3D data to validate cartographic tools and processes
- Share and distribute your workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Learn and understand existing product technologies in the context of a wide variety of domains
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define cartographic requirements
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
- Demonstrable experience developing both 2D and 3D map content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in cartography, GIS, geography, computer science, statistics, or related field, depending on position level
- Expertise with graphics applications such as Adobe Creative Suite, or similar
- Familiarity with computer graphics or commercial RDBMS
- Experience with software testing
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
PORTFOLIO SUBMISSION: Applications must be accompanied by an electronic portfolio of original map or related cartographic work. Please provide a link to your portfolio or include samples of your work as part of your resume.
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Esri's Employees
User Experience Architect
As a UX architect, Whitney helps product teams embrace and implement user experience principles. When she’s not conceptualizing design solutions, she also conducts user research to bring in valuable data.
Back to top