Map Product Engineer - Living Atlas of the World
Help build the Living Atlas of the World, a comprehensive global online GIS used by everyone across the ArcGIS platform. You will create cutting-edge online maps and layers that support a broad array of uses, ranging from online information products to traditional desktop GIS and spatial analysis. You will tackle data collection and visualization challenges to produce innovative online services that will become the foundation for web GIS. You will produce maps on many topics including urban systems, landscape, demographics/lifestyles, and transportation. Your maps will inspire, provide answers to questions on important issues, and establish best practices in cartography to the GIS mapping community. You will share your work via social media, blogs, and videos. Your experiences in creating these data sets and maps will be shared back with various software development teams as appropriate.
- Work with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement effective map services, web maps, and information products
- Create and maintain project plans, process documentation, and weekly status of progress
- Envision and define automation tools to improve processes
- Support software development teams as appropriate, with testing, feedback, sample data, etc.
- Provide online, digital, and printed maps for inclusion in a wide array of content products as web maps, apps, books, marketing material, or custom graphics
- Document and share best practices, tips, and success stories in blogs and online learning lessons
- Work with release teams to validate map products and services
- A passion for geographic knowledge
- Geodatabase experience that includes data modeling and data loading in a production environment
- Ability to design workflows and track progress and decisions accurately and efficiently
- Ability in or willingness to learn Python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Disciplined, process-oriented mindset
- Minimum of three years of professional experience working with ArcGIS (desktop and online)
- Bachelor’s in geography, cartography, or GIS-related field, depending on position level
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top