Map Layout Product Engineer
- Redlands, CA
Cartographers, data visualization experts, GIS professionals, and graphic designers understand the communication potential of maps powered by data. Communicating to an audience via the media of PDF, image files, and the printed page requires special expertise. If you have skills in visualization, computing, or cartography, you might be a fit for this role. Take your interest in computers, cartography, GIS, and visualization and turn it into working software on the ArcGIS Pro map layout team.
You will help define and build the page layout, map book, and print production functionality in ArcGIS Pro. You'll work with developers and other product engineers to evaluate features, investigate customer issues, and program automated test code. Your cartography skills will be used for authoring test maps, and your knowledge of software will help you design and test features that ensure ArcGIS Pro meets the demands of our user community.
- Program automated test code and analyze test results; report status on software quality and stability
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Design user interface components and work with developers to ensure a high-quality user experience
- Build and maintain realistic cartographic and desktop publishing workflows and projects to validate cartographic tools and processes
- Share and distribute your workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define page layout, map book, and print production functionality
- Demonstrable experience in cartography, GIS, graphic design, or related software development
- Familiarity with Esri's ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's or master's in cartography, GIS, geography, computer science, graphic communication, or related field, depending on position level
- Expertise with graphics and page layout applications such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of PDF and other graphics interchange formats as well as print production concepts such as spot colors and ICC color management
- Familiarity with computer graphics or commercial database management systems
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri's geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
Back to top