Map Layout Product Engineer
Do you love maps, cartography, and desktop publishing? How about atlases, map books, and wall maps? Take your interest in computers and cartography and turn it into working software in this challenging position.
As a product engineer on the Mapping Team, you will help define and build the page layout and map book functionality in ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro. You’ll work with developers and other product engineers to evaluate functionality, triage and investigate customer issues, and program automated test code. Employ your cartography skills by authoring maps and exercising the future versions of ArcGIS for Desktop.
- Design user interface components and work with developers to ensure a high quality user experience
- Build and maintain realistic cartographic and desktop publishing workflows and projects to validate cartographic tools and processes
- Troubleshoot production issues in current and past software versions
- Program automated test code and analyze test results; report status on software quality and stability
- Share and distribute your workflows and projects in samples, tutorials, blog articles, videos, and help documentation
- Research and analyze customer requests, industry standards, and specifications to help define page layout and map book functionality
- Demonstrable experience in cartography and GIS
- Advanced knowledge of desktop GIS software
- Familiarity with Esri’s ArcGIS platform and online services, or other GIS products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s in cartography, GIS, geography, computer science, statistics, or related field, depending on position level
- Expertise with graphics and page layout applications such as Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
- Knowledge of PDF and other graphics interchange formats
- Familiarity with computer graphics or commercial RDBMS
- Experience with software testing
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
Our passion for improving quality of life through geography is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Carefully managed growth and zero debt give Esri stability that is uncommon in today's volatile business world. Privately held, we offer exceptional benefits, competitive salaries, 401(k) and profit-sharing programs, opportunities for personal and professional growth, and much more.
Esri is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top